Eye Lift, Eyelid Lift, Blepharoplasty
Each year, one hundred thousand men and woman undergo blepharoplasty, or eye lift, to improve the way they look. Droopy upper eyelids are the results of excess sagging eyelid skin, and can make you look tired, sad or older. Features on your head/face like the lower eyelids become puffy and bags develop with age due to prolapse of fat underneath the eyes. These changes often contribute to a worn look. This procedure cannot alter fine wrinkles around the eyes nor sagging eyebrows. *Results may vary from patient to patient and these results are not guaranteed.
A traditional blepharoplasty is an eyelid lift that might include any or all of the following: removal of excess upper eyelid skin, removal of excess eyelid fat, and removal of excess lower eyelid skin. To these basic cornerstones of blepharoplasty, a variety of improvements, additions and modifications have been added, and are currently available for eyelid rejuvenation. The eyelid rejuvenation techniques that may be used alone or in combination include:
- Nonsurgical lower eyelid rejuvenation – restoring volume to the tear trough and softening the lid-cheek junction with injectable facial fillers
- Laser resurfacing – using laser treatments to improve color, texture, and tone of the eyelid area
- Skin-pinch blepharoplasty – removing a small amount of excess skin of the lower eyelid with an inconspicuous incision beneath the lash line
- Transconjunctival blepharoplasty – the removal of excess lower eyelid fat without any external incisions
- Fat grafts for tear trough and volume loss – autologous fat, harvested from your own body, is transferred to restore youthfulness to the eyelid area
- Lower eyelid fat repositioning – tightening the lower lid support mechanisms which reduces puffiness and increases and maintains youthfulness without removing fat
Blepharoplasty is a process that demands customization, finesse, experience, and a true respect for natural appearance and aesthetics to achieve the most balanced and the most beautiful outcome, and the plastic surgeon you choose absolutely makes a difference. We invite you to schedule a consultation to discuss blepharoplasty in Michigan with Dr. Lofman, and look forward to warmly welcoming you to our practice.